Subject to change based on the arrival of our guests, here is the schedule of events! This doesn’t include the gaming competitions, exhibitions and other activities that are continuous. This also doesn’t really capture the atmosphere so for that, see our Event and media pages.
DAY 1: FRIDAY
Only one meal time is scheduled: Friday night and this is for VIP ticket holders. Otherwise meals are at your own discretion.
- 1pm Doors Open – Set up your computer if you have one, play one of ours if you don’t. If you’d like to run a game competition, get it running on your machine and take names. Get to know some people.
- 2pm Game Competition & Workshops Sign Up – Register for any/all of the game competitions and our workshops. More may be announced throughout the day.
- 3pm Gaming begins – sit in on an open play machine or use your own. Don’t worry if you’re not arriving until later or Saturday morning. You can still enter the competitions as we don’t go past the first rounds on Friday.
- 5pm Official Opening & Amiga Ireland Podcast Recording. Live recording of this episode & official opening of the event.
- 6pm Commodore Creative Competition You are the judge of the submitted Amiga music or art.
- 6:45pm Lockup (until 8pm)
- 7pm Break for dinner
VIP ticket holders come to the Silver Oaks Indian Restaurant nearby for a meal. Other ticket holders can avail of local options.
- 8pm Venue Opens again Interviews & talks. Then demos begin. Gaming continues.
- 1am – CLOSE
DAY 2: SATURDAY
- 9am DOORS OPEN & Morning MODs – Gaming continues all day.
- 10am Workshop “Introduction to VBCC and Cross Compilation”
(with Karl) View Objective & Requirements
Objective: Produce a simple “hello world” program using cross compilation.
- Laptop or Desktop running Mac, Windows or Linux.
- Emulated Amiga 2.0 (UAE or similar)
Files: (available from http://sun.hasenbraten.de/vbcc/ )
- Amiga SDK: from http://www.haage-partner.de/download/AmigaOS/NDK39.lha
In addition, linux users need:
- gcc installed, as well as the following packages downloaded:
- 11am Workshop “Programming with AREXX”
(with Rob) View Objective & Requirements
Objective: Learn the fundamentals of AREXX and develop your own scripts, one which will receive a message from another.
- Amiga Workbench 2.0 or higher.
- Ed text editor or similar (installed by default with Workbench, but worth checking to be sure).
- 12 noon – Interview
- 12:30pm Lunch available. Event stays open.
- 1pm Workshop “Lightwave 3D
(with Klearchos) View Objective & Requirements
Objective: Create a simple shape in Lightwave 3D and modify it’s appearance.
- Emulated AGA Amiga with FPU enabled
- Lightwave 5.0r
A helpful guide has been written here. Check that you can run Lightwave in advance so you can participate fully.
- 2pm Workshop “Making Music on Amiga”
(with Mike) View Objective & Requirements
Objective: Create a MOD using samples which will be provided.
- Protracker 2.3e (link)
- Speakers or headphones to hear your output
- 3pm Workshop (TBC)
(with TBC) View Objective & Requirements
- 4pm Interview & Soap Box with Dave Haynie & Co.
- 5pm Gaming finals on big screen.
- 6pm Winner Announcements & other Prizes.
- 7:30pm CLOSE. Official end of event and time to pack up. All welcome to our reserved area in Gertie Browns Pub until late!
Tentative – The machines might be unplugged but an unofficial gathering takes place in the morning (around 9:30am), just a stroll from the venue is The Bailey (who do a nice breakfast). We’ll probably move on to Ireland’s oldest bar, Sean’s Bar later.